Athens Shore Excursions
Delphi Tour from Athens, Full Day, Guided with Lunch2019-05-06T12:53:28+02:00
Have a unique private tour from Athens to the magnificent site of Delphi! We will start from your hotel and head north out of Athens. Go with a licensed guide instead of just a driver that will get you to Delphi and enjoy a tour that you will savior for years. Learn about the history of Delphi that stretches back in time to at least 1500 BC. Delphi was thought to be the center of the earth by Zeus but was mostly known because of its oracle. The eternal flame burned in the Temple of Apollo during the Pythian Games, a forerunner of the modern Olympics.
During your private tour from Athens to Delphi, see the physical structures associated with this incredibly long history. Moreover learn about their rich mythology with the help of your private guide.
Explore the temple of Apollo, the famous oracle, where many historical events were foreseen during the antiquity. Find out all about the Theatre of Delphi and the Athens Treasury. During your visit take in the magnificent view of the south slope of mount Parnassos. Admire the statues and artifacts taken by the archaeological site of Delphi in the magnificent Delphi Archaeological Museum. Most importantly the whole experience of your tour in Delphi will be not only inspiring, but also breathtaking. Highlight include the Naxian Sphinx, statue of Antinoos, and the bronze sculpture of a charioteer.
- The ruins of the Temple of Delphi from the 4th century BC are of a peripteral Doric building.
- The ancient theatre at Delphi was built up the hill with a view of the entire sanctuary and the valley below.
- The Tholos at the sanctuary of Athena Pronoia is a circular building that was constructed between 380 and 360 BC.
- The Delphi Archaeological Museum houses an impressive collection associated with ancient Delphi. Above all the earliest known notation of a melody and the famous Charioteer. You will also see golden treasures discovered beneath the Sacred Way.
After that tour at the archeological site you’ll have time for lunch.
- Guided tour of the Temple of Apollo and the world famous Oracle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- See the Athenian Treasure
- Explore Delphi Museum and see the Charioteer of Delphi
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off included
- Hotel pick-up and private transfer to Delphi
- An exceptional licensed tour guide
- Tickets for the archaeological sites
- Alcoholic Drinks
Cancellation at least 72 hours prior to scheduled Programme 100% refund.
Between 72 and 48 hours prior to booking date: 50% refund, except processing fees (paypal/credit card).
Cancellation 48 hours prior to booking/no show: No refund
- Temple Of Apollo
- Delphi Museum
- Private licensed Guide
- Traditional Lunch