Athens Food Hopping Tour – Authentic Taste of Greece2019-10-06T09:24:28+02:00
- Traditional homemade pies
- Private guide
- Stroll through off-the-beaten-path areas in the city
- Discover where Athenians shop and eat in a lively neighborhood
- Learn about the Mediterranean diet
- Immerse yourself in the world of Greek food
- Visit specialty food shops and the bustle of open-air markets
- Taste unique local delicacies, from olive oils and loukoumades to souvlaki and bougatsa. A dessert cream-filled with filo pastry.
- Enjoy a greek coffee
- Have real food and not just samplings!
- More than 20 different Greek products and traditional recipes
- Off-the-beaten-track tavernas, deli and street food places!
Our Athens Food Tour is the ultimate way to eat like a local in Greece! Have a private guide and walk around the old city of Athens and have real food tour, not just food sampling! Above all, Greece is famous for the marvelous ancient sights, the sea and the gastronomy! Walk around the narrow streets of the center of Athens and enjoy a perfect food slow pace tour!
Take the opportunity to eat many different Greek delicacies from the delicious dessert loukoumades and bougatsa to feta cheese and the famous Greek olives. Learn about the eating habits of Greeks and how the food culture developed through the centuries, keeping its main character. Taste many different street food and relax while you eat at carefully chosen tavernas and hidden spots. Avoid the usual tourist places that most of the food tours will take you! Athens has a magnificent character as a city and walking around the old city of Plaka will give you the opportunity to get to know it!
The real Food Tour of Athens
Taste a traditional tyropita (cheese pie), a koulouri, the famous Greek Feta and Graviera cheese. Also visit food delicatessens, drink Greek coffee and visit the central Market! The vibrant Varvakeios food market, full with people shopping and bargaining! Meat, fish, seafood, fruits and spices all in one graphic market in the center of Athens. Taste the best souvlaki in Athens, eat a pikilia (variety of shared food) and eat at a hidden tavern!
Live the Athenian food culture
Greece and food goes along for many centuries! So you will have the chance to be introduced in the evolution of the Mediterranean diet and the healthy local products that formed the Modern Greek cuisine. The food tour among other includes Dolmades, pastourma, feta and graviera cheese, souvlaki, olives, olive oil tasting, loukoumades, cheese pie, and the famous Kalamata olives!
The food tour has a lot of tastings and food. This not just food sampling. So keep your appetite! There are limited choices for other dietary restrictions such as gluten-free or dairy-free. If you any of the above dietary requirements or serious FOOD ALLERGIES please contact us or call us before purchasing tickets. Join the best Athens Greece Food Tour.
Good to know
- Eat a light breakfast, as there will be plenty of food!
- It’s ideal all year round, rain or shine.
- The tour is perfect for families, as children will be very involved in the tastings, keeping them interested throughout the tour.
Cancellation at least 72 hours prior to scheduled Programme 100% refund.
Between 72 and 48 hours prior to booking date: 50% refund, except processing fees (paypal/credit card).
Cancellation 48 hours prior to booking/no show: No refund
|Departure||Syntagma Square Metro Station|