Athens City Tours
National Archaeological Museum Athens Private Guided Tour2019-03-21T10:42:06+02:00
- Private 3-hour walking tour of the National Archaeological Museum
- Stroll through the National Archaeological Museum, the largest archaeological exhibition in Greece
- Learn about Greek civilization from the Stone Age through to the Hellenistic period
- This private tour ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
The National Archaeological Museum is one of the must see spots in Athens. Enjoy a private tour with your personal licensed guide and learn everyting about the amazing artifacts. Above all, the National Archaeological Museum houses some of the most important artifacts in Greece. They are from a variety of archaeological locations around Greece from prehistory to late antiquity. Most importantly, you will see the musk of Agamemnon. In addition, you will also admire the infamous statue of either Zeus holding the thunderbolt or Poseidon carrying his trident.
Neolithic era and early and mid-Bronze age collection
There are ceramic finds from various important Neolithic sites.
Cycladic art collection
See unique artifacts from several in Greece. Sites such as Dimini and Sesclo from middle Helladic ceramics from Boeotia, Attica and Phthiotis.
Cycladic collection features the famous marble figurines from the Aegean islands. The figurines are findings of Delos and Keros including the Lutist.
Mycenean art collection
Mycenean civilization is represented by pots, figurines, ivory, glass and faience objects, golden seals and rings. All from the vaulted tombs in Mycenae and other locations in the Peloponnese. Moreover, artifacts of great interest are the two golden cups from Vafeio showing a scene of the capture of a bull.
Heinrich Schliemann findings
In addition, the Mycenean collection includes also the magnificent 19th-century finds of Heinrich Schliemann in Mycenae. Most importantly, you will see the golden funerary masks. The most famous is the one that was named as the mask of Agamemnon.
You will also see the amazing Thera Room with the amazing wall paintings. For example, you will see the “Spring Fresco” with the sparrows and the lilies, the “Boxing Children Fresco” and the “Antelope Fresco”.
National Archaeological Museum Athens Highlights
- Antikythera mechanism
- Mask of Agamemnon
- Poseidon of Cape Artemision
- Wall frescoes from Tiryns and Santorini
Hotel Pick up and drop off can be arranged with an extra cost.
- Cancellation at least 72 hours prior to scheduled Programme 100% refund.
- Between 72 and 48 hours prior to booking date: 50% refund, except processing fees (paypal/credit card).
- Cancellation 48 hours prior to booking/no show: No refund
|Departure||Omonia Metro Station|